Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Sappy twit

As much as I try to refrain from the employment of my emotions...sometimes I can't help myself. I grew up in a family that was not very affectionate, to put it lightly. Hugs, or verbal expressions of love simply were not used. At best, one could say that my family has an attachment to each other. And that's my immediate family. Extended family, it gets even more weird. We acknowledge each other, but it never goes beyond small talk. We argue politics at family gatherings (I'm one of maybe 3 Democrats in a family of a good dozen and a half Republicans)...and we talk business, and the externalities of general life. No emotions.
Switch to the time that I was just starting high school...and I was fast becoming a very expressive person. My group of friends was a closeknit one. We hugged, we laughed, we cried...we shared each other's lives. Then I became a bit too expressive, and came out of the closet; and that entire aspect of my life vanished. I lived in a whirlwind of bitter cynicism and general hatred for humanity for well over a year. Met the person of my dreams, fell madly in love...and things changed a bit. He and I were as close as two people could be. But there was a side of him that I couldn't quite deal with. I just couldn't.
Just over a year ago...while still involved with the boy...I met someone else. He was quiet, but managed to make me laugh. He kept up with me in conversation...made me think about things. Challenged me intellectually. I fell for him. He was, and is, the most incredible person I have met. I know many people who have one or two of his most attractive characteristics...but none combine them the way he does.
Over the past year, my love for him has grown. Normally I get bored with people after a few months...because they don't have the substance to interest me for any period of time greater than that. Not so with this one. He intrigues me, he stimulates my complete interest.

I love him. Nothing extravagant. Nothing extreme. I am passionately in love with this fellow...and I don't see that changing. And should he happen to read this...

I love you S. More than I can possibly express.

No comments: